6 months of age and older
Beginner training is aimed at training you to train your dog. Emphasis is on the training needed to make the dog a good companion: walk on a loose leash, sit, stand, down, stay and come when called.
You must pass Beginner in order to advance to CGC, Intermediate or Performance Readiness. The test includes a 30 second sit (on leash), a 30 second down (on leash), and controlled walking on a LOOSE leash. The dog must not show aggression towards other dogs or towards people.
- 6 weeks
- Class sessions: 50 minutes.
- There will be a limit of 10 dogs per class.
- Fee: $100 - Repeat 1/2 price
Class Schedule - First day
Mon, Jan 7 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM
Tues, Jan 8 - 9:30 AM
Tues, Jan 15 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM
Mon, Mar 4 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM (FULL)
Tues, Mar 5 - 9:30 AM
Tues, Mar 12 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM
Mon, Apr 29 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM; 7:45 PM (No classes 5/27) (FULL)
Tues, Apr 30 - 9:30 AM
Tues, May 7 -6:15 PM; 7:30 PM
Mon, June 24 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM
Tues, June 25 - 9:30 AM
*Tues, June 25 - 10:45 AM*
Tues, July 2 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM
Tues, Aug 20 - 9:30 AM
Tues, Aug 27 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM; 7:45 PM
Mon, Sept 16 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM: 7:45 PM
Tues, Oct 15 - 9:30 AM
Tues, Oct 22 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM
Mon, Nov 4 - 6:15 PM; 7:30 PM
* Youth Beginner class for youth ages 14 years old and older.
- Guarantee a spot in class - preregister online with PayPal. If you are not preregistered, and class is not full, come 20 minutes prior to sign-up time.
- Bring your dog, a buckle collar, leash (no retractable leads).
- Bring soft treats
- BRING PROOF of current DHLP/Parvo vaccinations, and current rabies certificate. **These records are required by law and must be submitted each time you take a class, even if you have submitted them for a previous class.